Monday, July 9, 2012

Lindsay Nohl: Banana Flower Pod

bananaflower_lindsaynohl__sm

Seriously -- you could have fooled me. After last week's temperatures, I would have sworn that I had taken a vacation in the tropics rather than a stay at my parents' house in Mequon, Wisconsin.

Temperatures were in the 100s, and I was wilting under the summer sun.
It's been a while since I've been on a real vacation and this was as close to a week of rest and relaxation as I was ever going to get.

I spent my time swimming in the pool, eating vegetables from my parent's huge garden, and bumming around the house. Both of my parents are go-getters. They have an incredible amount of energy and they never skip a beat. This year their project-pride-and-joy was their 30 x 45 foot vegetable garden. I spent a couple hours out there picking radishes, harvesting beets, (delicious, I know.) and taking the occasional instagram photo of a head of cabbage.

I was definitely impressed by their efforts and even more impressed by the dozens of canned, pickled radishes and beets my mom made after the harvest.

Seriously, they never stop.


bananaflower_lindsaynohl_rtd_sm
Here is my pattern in repeat. Pods! Everywhere!

I actually had a great time just being.

So, in honor of hot days and relaxation. Here's my 101 florals pattern of the week, the center part of the Banana Flower in repeat. A little tropical, a little seedy.
A little bit of both.

bananaflower_sketch_lindsaynohl
And where it all started. Yeah, my sketches are a little messy... can you tell I use photobooth to "scan" my sketches?

No comments:

Post a Comment