Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Llew Mejia:Larva,Pupa,Imago



Morning Glorys are pretty nostalgic for me, my parents had an overgrown fence being crushed by the weight of them, when I was younger. It's funny that people think they are these nice flowers because they look appealing and have strange blooming habits, but in reality they are an invasive flowering weed. Another interesting thing about this plant is that it is a natural producer of the compound LSA, similar to LSD, the psychedelic hallucinogen, but you have to consume hundreds of seeds to even get there in the first place. Apparently kids were going to stores and buying up morning glory seed packets, and then getting poisoned because the seeds are processed and coated in mercury. 

Either way, coupled with the nostalgia of my old backyard, are the memories of having Cecropia Moth caterpillars living there, so in this pattern I decided to throw in the three stages the moths would undergo. 

I did a couple color ways as well one night time inspired one and the other a day time or morning one.
Hope ya like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment