Monday, December 10, 2012

Quiet Garden by Lindsay Nohl

RaspberryFlower by Lindsay Nohl
Inspired by raspberry flowers and little shoots

Recently I've really enjoyed making patterns that are a little more free-form than the normal rigid patterns I've done in the past. I think in the last year I've really liked the organic feeling patterns the best -- the ones that feel like they're floating in the wind, or the ones that look like they're drifting on top of the water.

This is a good example of what I mean. I wanted to make something quiet and understated, with some little guys that look like sprouts.

I've also been listening to a lot of piano music these days. It's comforting.
This pattern reminds me of that music...

RaspberryFlower by Lindsay Nohl
And here it is repeated!

No comments:

Post a Comment