Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Llew Mejia: Pina Coladas


So I have been experimenting a lot with many different styles lately, and this time I was trying to make something similar to a certain swedish textile designer, I will see if you guys get it on your own. But usually his fabrics are done on a press so there's a sort of offset effect he gets with his work that also contributes to the overall color scheme, which is really hard to replicate on a computer screen.

Anyhow it was a long and arduous process of coloring and separating each piece and then combining them to make a winding tree like forest effect, although this isn't what a pineapple tree looks like, this is my personal interpretation, maybe a little more whimsical than the real thing...

eat sum pineappy!

1 comment:

  1. I love Josef Frank's work too ! He's one of my favorite textile designer ! :p
    Lovely pattern by the way ! :)

    ReplyDelete